Do you have a project in CNC machining and a tight budget as well? We give you some tips to cut manufacturing costs of your prototypes & preseries!
Here are the points to watch out:
- Keep your design simple.
- Design your parts to allow us to machine them in relief
- Avoid thin walls and features (thinner than 0,50mm, they may break).
- Add radius to ease machining process.
- Cavernous, slots, sculptured, surfaces… increase CNC machining time and costs.
- Are logos and texts necessary? You can save money by deleting them.
- You should use common materials to avoid the extra costs related to exotic materials which are rarer & more expensive.
- Favor the soft material use because they are easier to machine but have greater risk of dimensional instability.
Don’t more than it should: tight tolerances, bores … increase CNC machining costs.
Do you have any questions or tips to share?
Don't hesitate to contact us!